logi1974 - Hasenbär auf Reisen
Hasenbär auf Reisen

1575 posts

- Deutsch/German -

- Deutsch/German -

Schloss Nordkirchen befindet sich im gleichnamigen Ort am südlichen Rand des Münsterlandes.

image

Schloss Nordkirchen war nicht das erste Schloss in dem Ort. Auf dem Gelände der Anlage wurde bereits um 1400 die erste Burg Nordkirchen errichtet, damals von der Ritterfamilie von Lüdinghausen.

image

In diesem Zusammenhang wurde unter großem Aufruhr, in den sogar Papst einbezogen war, die alte, schlossnah gelegene Kirche abgerissen und nebst Dorf an heutiger Stelle wieder aufgebaut.

image

Später erinnerte eine Kapelle, ab 1609 ein Kreuz an die alte Kirche. Das Kreuz wurde 1860 durch die damaligen Schlossbesitzer Esterhazy erneuert. Im Jahre 1975 erhielt es einen neuen Korpus, ein Werk der Künstlerin Tisa von der Schulenburg.

image

Ursprünglich sollte die Burg Nordkirchen nach dem Kauf durch den Bauherrn von Schloss Nordkirchen nur erweitert werden. Als 1697 mit der Planung begonnen wurde, ging es darum, eine möglichst repräsentative Wohnanlage für den Hofstaat des damaligen Fürstbischofs von Münster zu erstellen. Dann aber entschied er sich für einen Komplettabriss und einen völligen Neubau.

image

Die Bauarbeiten begannen 1703 und dauerten mehr als 30 Jahre. Vor allem zwei Architekten prägten den Stil der Anlage: Gottfried Laurenz Pictorius begann den Entwurf und die Bauleitung, nach seinem Tod vollendete Johann Conrad Schlaun die Arbeiten.

image

Der Auftraggeber und eigentliche "Vater des Schlosses", der Fürstbischof von Münster, Friedrich Christian von Plettenberg-Lenhausen, erlebte die Vollendung seiner Idee jedoch nicht. Er starb bereits 1706 und neuer Hausherr auf Nordkirchen wurde sein Neffe „Ferdinand von Plettenberg“. Er stand 1712 mit 22 Jahren allein vor dem großen Bauvorhaben.

image

Ferdinand heiratete noch im selben Jahr Bernhardine Felicitas v. Westerholt zu Lembeck und bestimmte später als Reichsgraf Europas Politik entscheidend mit. Er ließ nicht nur das Schloss weitaus prachtvoller ausstatten, als von seinem Onkel ursprünglich gedacht, sondern wurde mit seiner Frau auch zum Geldgeber und Initiator weiterer Bauwerke im Dorf. 

image

Schloss Nordkirchen wird bis heute immer wieder als "Westfälisches Versailles" bezeichnet. Der symmetrische Aufbau des Gebäudes mit Innenhof auf der Südseite und Garten auf der Nordseite zeigt, dass es Parallelen gibt, die durchaus gewollt sind. Doch die für das Münsterland typische Ziegelsteinbauweise verleiht dem Schloss seinen eigenen Charakter.

image

Ein weiterer großer Unterschied zum französischen Vorbild ist der doppelte Wassergraben, der das Schloss umfasst. Die beiden Gräben sind durch einen begehbaren Wall getrennt. 

image

Betritt man die Schlossinsel von Süden durch das Löwentor, so erschließt sich dem Besucher die gesamte hufeisenförmige Anlage. Ist auch der ehemalige Wirtschaftshof mit den Marstallgebäuden überquert, erreicht man durch das Frauentor den Ehrenhof (Cour d´honneur).

image

Nach Norden erhebt sich nun das eigentliche Hauptgebäude (Corps de Logis), das unter Führung besichtigt werden kann. Es besteht aus einem Querhaus und beiderseits angefügten Pavillons.

image

Der vorstehende Bereich in der Mitte (Risalit) trägt mit seinen vier Pilastern im Giebelfeld das Wappen der Plettenbergs, von zwei Löwen gehalten. Darunter, im Attikageschoss, symbolisieren vier Frauenstatuen die vier Jahreszeiten.

image

Das Gebäude beherbergt neben den zentral liegenden Prunkräumen, verschiedenen Salons und Kabinetten im östlichen Flügel, auch prächtig ausgestattete Gästezimmer für hohen Besuch im hinteren westlichen Bereich (Kaiserzimmer). 

image

Beiderseits des Ehrenhofes erheben sich deutlich niedrigere, winkelförmige Gebäude mit Ziegelpilastern und doppelt geschwungenen Giebelaufsätzen: westlich (links) der Dienerschaftsflügel, östlich der Kapellenflügel. Er enthält die zwischen 1705 und 1714 prächtig ausgestattete Schlosskapelle „Maria Himmelfahrt“. Sie wird heute gerne für Hochzeiten genutzt.

image

Das aufwendige Portal der Kapelle und der Dachreiter mit seiner Glocke stellen die einzige Abweichung in der Symmetrie der Schlossanlage dar. Über dem Portal erkennt man die Figuren des Evangelisten Johannes und des hl. Antonius von Padua, sowie die Inschrift der Grundsteinlegung.

image

Auch das Gebäude der Dienerschaft weist mit der Sonnenuhr eine interessante Besonderheit auf. Sie gilt als einmalig in Mitteleuropa, denn die Ziffern geben nicht die direkte Zeit an, sondern (mit Ausnahme der beiden äußeren) die Anzahl der halben Stunden nach Sonnenaufgang.

image

1913 wurden auch die nach Süden anschließenden ursprünglich L-förmigen Wirtschaftsgebäude durch helle repräsentative Vorgebäude ersetzt. Ursprünglich waren hier im Westen Pferdeställe, im Osten ein Brau- und Backhaus vorgesehen.

image

Verlässt man den Innenhof des Schlosses über eine der drei großen Brücken, so gelangt man über den Wall, der Innen- und Außengräfte trennt, zum barocken Nordgarten der „Venusinsel“: ein symmetrisch angelegter Garten, zu dessen Planung einst französische Gartenarchitekten herangezogen wurden.

image

Durch die beeindruckende Wie­derherstellung dieses Geländes nach authentischen Vorlagen und Originalplänen kommt dem Schlosspark Nord­kirchen heute besondere Bedeutung zu. Gesamtgröße inklusive Schlossterrasse und Promenoires: 240 x 130 Me­ter = 31 200 qm. Die Rekonstruk­tion wurde 1989 bis 1991 ausgeführt.

image

Die gesamte Schlosspark umfasst 72 Hektar und war immer reich an Skulpturen. Ein großer Teil von ihnen ist allerdings im Laufe der Zeit verwittert und zerbrochen. Wenn dennoch heute dem Besucher die vielen hell leuchtenden Steinvasen, Tiere und allegorischen Gestalten auffallen, so sind dies zumeist Gartendekorationen, die zwischen 1903 und 1914 bei der Wiederherstellung der Barockgärten, vornehmlich der Venusinsel, neu geschaffen wurden.

image

Kaum eine Originalfigur steht heute noch an ihrem alten Platz, mit Ausnahme der großen Plastiken in den beiden Kastanienalleen des Westgartens: Die ältesten Nachrichten über eine Lieferung dieser Skulpturen gehen in das Jahr 1721 zurück. 

image

Im Ostgarten befindet sich der "chinesische Brunnen". Die Figuren des Brunnens stellen Ackerbau, Fischfang, Kultur, Kaste, Religion, Musik und Krieger dar. Sie säumten früher den gesamten Ostgarten und stehen seit 1972 an ihrer jetzigen Stelle. Hier sollte ursprünglich ein Denkmal der Familie von Arenberg stehen.

image

Im Bereich des Westgartens befindet sich auch die Oranienburg. Diese war bereits 1715 als eingeschossiges Orangerie­gebäude durch Peter Pictorius errichtet worden.  Er erweiterte die Orangerie ab 1725 zu einem zweigeschossigen Gartenkasino und Sommerschloss mit Festsaal. In der Oranienburg ist heute die Verwaltung der Fachhochschule für Finanzen untergebracht. Im großen Festsaal finden Konzerte und Veranstaltungen statt.

image

Durch den Irrgartenbezirk von der Oranienburg getrennt, lag weiter westlich die von 1727 bis 1734 durch J. C. Schlaun errichtete Fasanerie, umrahmt von einem ca. 90 mal 40 Meter messenden, hohen Mauerrechteck. Sie diente als Windschutz und Sicherung gegen Raubtiere. Nach dem Abbruch der Fasanerie 1935 stehen heute noch Reste mit den beiden Torpfeilern.

image

Im nordwestlichen Bezirk des Schlossparks entstand ebenfalls von 1727 - 1734, wie schon die Fasanerie, die Orangerie nach den Plänen von J. C. Schlaun. Den Flachgiebel an der Südseite schmückt damals wie heute das Allianzwappen Ferdinands v. Plettenberg unter der Grafenkrone und der Kette des Goldenen Vlieses. In den beiden Flügeln befanden sich die Gärtnerwohnungen.

image

Das vor dem Gebäude liegende Gelände wurde als Gemüsegarten genutzt und war durch ein Wegekreuz in vier kleinere Quadrate geteilt. Heute stehen in dieser Gartenregion größtenteils neu angepflanzte Bäume. Die Orangerie ist in privater Hand und wird als Wohn- und Ausstellungsraum genutzt.

image

Schloss Nordkirchen ist in seiner über 300-jährigen Geschichte von Zerstörungen durch Brände oder Krieg verschont geblieben. Allerdings setzte natürlicher Verfall der Anlage vor allem im 19. Jahrhundert sehr zu. Es fanden sich aber immer wieder Käufer, die Geld in die Erhaltung investierten. Mal war es ein Herzog, später übernahm das Land Nordrhein-Westfalen das imposante Wasserschloss.

image

Schloss Nordkirchen dient seit den 1950er Jahren als Fachhochschule für Finanzen des Landes Nordrhein-Westfalen. Hier werden Diplom-Finanzwirte ausgebildet, die dann überwiegend in den Finanzämtern des Landes zum Einsatz kommen.

  • logi1974
    logi1974 liked this · 4 years ago

More Posts from Logi1974

4 years ago

- English -

Paderborn: Neuhaus Castle

The Neuhaus Castle at the confluence of the rivers Lippe, Alme and Pader, on a kind of island, forms the center of the district of  named after him, about 4 kilometers north of downtown Paderborn.

image

The castle was built in various phases between 1530 and 1730 and was constantly changed. The Paderborn people originally owe their splendor to their constant argument with the local bishops.

image

In 1370, Bishop Heinrich von Spiegel was tired of residing in the midst of defiant citizens. He moved his headquarters to Neuhaus village a few kilometers away and built the Haus Spiegel (today the oldest part of the castle).

- English -

The Prince-Bishopric of Paderborn was ruled for 432 years from Neuhaus, and over the centuries the residence has grown building by building. In 1590, Bishop Dietrich von Fürstenberg let the four-wing complex in the Weser Renaissance style expanded.

- English -

You had to show a clear line against the Protestants. Therefore, the size of the castle was almost doubled and supplemented with four fortified-looking round towers. The facility survived the Thirty Years' War without major damage.

- English -

The builders were guided by the Italians' antique or Vitruvian understanding of art. The architecture Vredemann de Vries had a great influence on the design of columns, pedestals, gables and portals.

- English -

In the 18th century, the rooms and the park were redesigned by the architect Franz Christoph Nagel. In collaboration with renowned Westphalian artists, the castle was adapted to the taste of the time and converted into a maison de plaisance, a palace, where the prince-bishop could retire. In 1736 the Bishop Clemens August of Wittelsbach had the baroque garden completed.

- English -

Neuhaus Castle is now a four-wing complex with round corner towers and a surrounding moat. The main entrance is on the south side. The south wing is formed by the House of Braunschweig, which was built in 1526. The Kerssenbrock house, which was built around 1560, adjoins the building on the east side.

- English -

Opposite him stands on the west side near the south-west corner of the Cologne house and right next to it the house from around 1370. The latter is the oldest surviving building of Neuhaus Castle.

- English -

The entire garden side in the north was built together with the round corner towers around 1590. It is called Haus Fürstenberg. The construction created access to the garden, which is still dominated by a former drawbridge.

- English -

Grenadiers from the Paderborn Infantry Regiment were stationed in order to prevent the disrespectful Paderborners from entering the castle grounds without being asked. The Prussians did not take the episcopal military very seriously.

- English -

At the beginning of the 19th century, barracks were established in the castle after the secularization of the bishopric. In 1802, they annexed the prince-bishopric to compensate for the loss of territory to the French on the left bank of the Rhine. This put an end to the bishop as sovereign and the castle as residence.

- English -

Napoleon briefly interrupted Prussian rule again, but from 1813 Berlin was again in charge. The Prussia used the castle as barracks, mainly for equestrian regiments. The tradition continued seamlessly after the First World War.

- English -

The British Army of the Rhine moved in after the Second World War for the next decades. Later on the Neuhaus village, which was still independent at the time, took over the entire complex from the British army.

- English -

It was only on July 19, 1964 that the British High Command returned the system at the symbolic price of one German mark to the community, which has since been renamed "Schloss Neuhaus". She set up a junior high school here three years later (1967). It started with 32 pupils, today about 750 (!) Children and young people are learning here.

- English -

Other municipalities would have done everything possible to accommodate in such a showpiece a private high school for the offsprings of the rich and powerful as at Castle Salem or at least a noble private clinic for beauty-conscious celebrities.

- English -

Unfortunately, the buildings can only be visited during events. The city of Paderborn only uses the princely dining room still for receptions, the rest is school. The historical museum on the city and castle history is not housed in the castle, but in the neighboring stables.

- English -

Fortunately, the castle grounds are open to the public. The entrances are mostly provided with richly decorated portals. The stair towers partly come from different times and vary greatly in appearance.

- English -

Numerous details can be seen on the tour of the grounds. On the northwest side, not far from the tower, there is a small stone figure on the roof gable, which reminds of the fate of a roofer.

- English -

The year of completion and the coat of arms of the Lords of Fürstenberg can be seen on the southeast tower. The massive and impressive towers are now covered with hoods with flags. The roof bays vary from wing to wing and can be partially assigned to the eras.

- English -

The splendid side of the castle is on the back. Behind the castle, in the north, there is a view of the extensive, former baroque garden. He has many beautiful views of the castle. Together with the circular route around the facility, it invites you to stroll.

- English -

After the incorporation in 1975, the community carefully continued the maintenance of the castle and park together with the city of Paderborn. For Paderborn, this had the advantage that the city was able to host the NRW Garden Show in 1994 in the Neuhaus Castle park.

- English -

Neuhaus Castle becomes the center of the horticultural show in North Rhine-Westphalia. The castle park and the floodplain park are being built or are being restored. With the Garden show 1995 now annual events begin in the context of the castle summer.

- English -

Unfortunately, we also have to find out that only the most necessary maintenance is carried out on the area. Millions were invested at that time back then. Many things are slowly decaying or are no longer in operation. That's really a pity!

- English -

Parking and sightseeing of the castle park and the former garden show grounds are free of charge!


Tags :
4 years ago

-English-

Nordkirchen Castle is located in the town of the same name on the southern edge of the Münsterland region.

-English-

Nordkirchen Castle was not the first castle at this place. The first castle in Nordkirchen was built on this ground around 1400, at that time by the Lüdinghausen knight family.

-English-

In this context, the old church near the castle was demolished under great turmoil, in which even the Pope was involved, and rebuilt along with the village at the present location.

-English-

Later a chapel, from 1609 a cross reminded of the old church. The cross was renewed in 1860 by the Esterhazy, the then castle owners. In 1975 it received a new body, the work of the artist Tisa von der Schulenburg.

-English-

Originally, Nordkirchen Castle after the purchase was only to be expanded  by the owner of Nordkirchen Castle. When planning began in 1697, the aim was to create a residential complex that was as representative as possible for the court of the then Prince-Bishop of Münster. But then he decided on a complete demolition and a completely new building.

-English-

Construction began in 1703 and took over 30 years. Two architects in particular shaped the style of the complex: Gottfried Laurenz Pictorius started the design and construction management, and after his death Johann Conrad Schlaun completed the work.

-English-

However, the client and actual "father of the castle", Prince-Bishop of Münster, Friedrich Christian von Plettenberg-Lenhausen, did not experience the completion of his idea. He died in 1706 and his nephew "Ferdinand von Plettenberg" became the new house owner in Nordkirchen. In 1712, at the age of 22, he was alone in front of the large building project.

-English-

The same year Ferdinand married Bernhardine Felicitas v. Westerholt zu Lembeck and later decisively influenced European politics as the imperial count. He not only had the castle furnished much more splendidly than originally thought by his uncle, but also became the sponsor and initiator of other buildings in the village with his wife.

-English-

Nordkirchen Castle is still referred to as "Westphalian Versailles". The symmetrical structure of the building with a courtyard on the south side and a garden on the north side shows that there are parallels that are deliberate. But the brick construction typical of the Münsterland gives the castle its own character.

-English-

Another big difference from the French model is the double moat that surrounds the castle. The two trenches are separated by an accessible wall.

-English-

If you enter the castle island from the south through the lion gate, the visitor can see the entire horseshoe-shaped complex. If the former farmyard with the stables is crossed, you can reach the courtyard through the women gate (Cour d'Honneur).

-English-

The actual main building (Corps de Logis) now rises to the north and can be visited (guided tour). It consists of a transept and pavilions attached on both sides.

-English-

The area in the middle (Risalit) with its four pilasters in the gable field bears the coat of arms of the Plettenbergs, held by two lions. Below, on the attic floor, four female statues symbolize the four seasons.

-English-

In addition to the centrally located state rooms, various salons and cabinets in the eastern wing, the building also houses splendidly furnished guest rooms for high-ranking visitors in the rear western area (imperial room).

-English-

On both sides of the court of honor there are clearly lower, angular buildings with brick pilasters and double-curved gable extensions: west (left) the servant wing, east the chapel wing. It contains the chapel “Assumption of Virgin Mary”, magnificently furnished between 1705 and 1714. It is often used for weddings nowadays.

-English-

The elaborate portal of the chapel and the roof rider with his bell represent the only deviation in the symmetry of the palace complex. Above the portal you can see the figures of the evangelist John and St. Antonius of Padua, as well as the inscription of the laying of the foundation stone.

-English-

The building of the servants also has an interesting special feature with the sundial. It is considered unique in Central Europe because the digits do not indicate the direct time, but (with the exception of the two outer ones) the number of half an hour after sunrise.

-English-

In 1913, the originally L-shaped farm buildings adjoining to the south were replaced by bright, representative vestibules. Horse stables were originally planned  in the west and a brewing and baking house in the east.

-English-

If you leave the inner courtyard of the castle via one of the three large bridges, you reach the baroque north garden of the "Venus Island" via the wall that separates the inner and outer moat: a symmetrical garden. French garden architects were once used to plan it.

-English-

Due to the impressive restoration of this site according to authentic templates and original plans, the Schlosspark Nordkirchen is of particular importance today. Overall size including the castle terrace and promenoires: 240 x 130 meters = 31,200 square meters. The reconstruction was carried out from 1989 to 1991.

-English-

The entire castle park covers 72 hectares and has always been rich in sculptures. However, a large number of them have weathered and broken over time. If the visitor nevertheless notices the many brightly shining stone vases, animals and allegorical figures, these are mostly garden decorations that were created between 1903 and 1914 when the baroque gardens, primarily the Venus Island, were restored.

-English-

There is hardly an original figure in its old place today, with the exception of the large sculptures in the two chestnut avenues in the Westgarten: the oldest news about a delivery of these sculptures dates back to 1721.

-English-

In the east garden is the "Chinese fountain". The figures of the fountain represent agriculture, fishing, culture, caste, religion, music and warriors. They used to line the entire east garden and have been in their current position since 1972. A monument to the von Arenberg family was originally supposed to be here.

-English-

The Oranienburg is also in the area of ​​the Westgarten. This had already been erected in 1715 as a one-story orangery building by Peter Pictorius. From 1725 he expanded the orangery into a two-story garden casino and summer palace with ballroom. The administration of the University of Applied Sciences for Finance is housed in the Oranienburg today. Concerts and events take place in the large ballroom.

-English-

Separated from the Oranienburg by the Maze District, the pheasantry erected by J. C. Schlaun from 1727 to 1734 lay to the west, framed by a high wall rectangle measuring approx. 90 by 40 meters. It served as wind protection and protection against predators. After the pheasantry was demolished in 1935, there are with the two pillars still remains.

-English-

In the northwestern district of the palace park, the orangery was designed from 1727 - 1734, like the pheasantry, according to the plans of J. C. Schlaun. The flat gable on the south side adorns the coat of arms of Ferdinand v. Plettenberg under the count crown and the chain of the golden fleece. The gardeners apartments were in the two wings.

-English-

The area in front of the building was used as a vegetable garden and was divided into four smaller squares by a crossroads. Today there are mostly newly planted trees in this garden region. The orangery is privately owned and is used as a living and exhibition space.

-English-

Schloss Nordkirchen has been spared destruction by fire or war in its more than 300-year history. However, the natural deterioration of the strukture was very hard, especially in the 19th century. However, there were always buyers who invested money in the conservation. Sometimes it was a duke, later the state of North Rhine-Westphalia took over the imposing moated castle.

-English-

Schloss Nordkirchen has served as a university of applied sciences for finance in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia since the 1950s. Graduate financial economists are trained here, who are then mainly used in the country's tax offices.


Tags :
4 years ago

Hotel and entertainment centre in Swakopmund

The Swakopmund Hotel and Entertainment Centre is a charming 4 star hotel in Swakopmund. The hotel resides in the old german Swakopmund train station building established in 1902, and offers 90 rooms, a popular restaurant “The Platform One”, a gym and wellness centre, several conference rooms, the "Mermaid Casino" and a large swimming pool.

Hotel und "Entertainment Centre" in Swakopmund

Das Swakopmund Hotel and Entertainment Centre ist eine charmantes 4-Sterne-Hotel in Swakopmund. Das Hotel wurde im alten deutschen, 1902 gebauten, Bahnhofs errichtet und bietet 90 Zimmer, ein beliebtes Restaurant “Platform One”, ein Fitnesstudio mit Wellness Centre, diverse Konferenzräume, das "Mermaid Casino" und einen großen Swimming Pool.

image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image

Tags :
4 years ago

- Deutsch -

Paderborn: Schloss Neuhaus

Das Schloss Neuhaus am Zusammenfluss von Lippe, Alme und Pader, auf einer Art Insel, und bildet den Mittelpunkt des nach ihm benannten Stadtteils von Paderborn, etwa 4 Kilometer nördlich der Innenstadt von Paderborn.

image

Die Anlage wurde in verschiedenen Bauabschnitten zwischen 1530 und 1730 errichtet und immer wieder verändert. Die Pracht haben die Paderborner ursprünglich ihrem ständigen Streit mit den örtlichen Bischöfen zu verdanken.

image

Bischof Heinrich von Spiegel war es 1370 leid, inmitten aufsässiger Bürger zu residieren. Er verlegte seinen Sitz ins einige Kilometer entfernte Neuhaus und errichtete dort das Haus Spiegel (heute der älteste Teil des Schlosses).

image

432 Jahre lang wurde das Fürstbistum Paderborn nun vom Flecken Neuhaus aus regiert. Mit den Jahrhunderten wuchs die Residenz Gebäude für Gebäude. 1590 ließ Bischof Dietrich von Fürstenberg die heutige Vierflügelanlage im Stil der Weserrenaissance erweitern.

image

Man musste gegenüber den Protestanten auch architektonische eine klare Kante zeigen. Daher wurde die Größe des Schlosses nahezu verdoppelt und mit vier wehrhaft aussehenden Rundtürmen ergänzt. Den Dreißigjährigen Krieg überstand die Anlage ohne größere Schäden.

image

Die Bauherren orientierten sich dabei an dem antikischen oder vitruvischen Kunstverständnis der Italiener. Die Architekturbücher Vredemann de Vries übten dabei großen Einfluss auf die Gestaltung von Säulen, Postamente, Giebeln und Portalen aus.

image

Im 18. Jahrhundert erfolgte eine Neugestaltung der Räume und des Parks durch den Architekten Franz Christoph Nagel. Das Schloss wurde in Zusammenarbeit mit renommierten westfälischen Künstlern dem Zeitgeschmack angepasst und in eine Maison de plaisance, ein Lustschloss, umgewandelt, wohin sich der Fürstbischof zurückziehen konnte. 1736 ließ der Wittelsbacher Bischof Clemens August den Barockgarten fertigstellen.

image

Schloss Neuhaus ist heute eine vierflügelige Anlage mit runden Ecktürmen und einem umlaufenden Wassergraben. Der Haupteingang liegt an der Südseite. Der Südflügel wird durch das Haus Braunschweig gebildet, das 1526 errichtet wurde. An dem Bau schließt an der Ostseite das Haus Kerssenbrock an, das gegen 1560 entstand.

image

Ihm gegenüber steht an der Westseite nahe der Südwestecke das Haus Köln und direkt daneben das Haus Spiegel von ca. 1370. Letzteres ist das älteste, erhaltene Gebäude von Schloss Neuhaus.

image

Die komplette Gartenseite im Norden wurde zusammen mit den runden Ecktürmen um 1590 errichtet. Es trägt den Namen Haus Fürstenberg. Mit dem Bau entstand der Zugang zum Garten hin, der noch heute durch eine ehemalige Zugbrücke dominiert wird.

image

Um die penetranten Paderborner am ungefragten Betreten des Schlossgeländes zu hindern, wurden Grenadiere des Paderbornischen Infanterieregiments stationiert. Die Preußen nahmen das bischöfliche Militär nicht so ganz ernst.

image

Zu Beginn des 19. Jahrhunderts wurde nach der Säkularisation des Bistums im Schloss eine Kaserne eingerichtet. 1802 annektierten sie das Fürstbistum kurzerhand, um sich für linksrheinische Gebietverluste an die Franzosen zu entschädigen. Damit war Schluss mit dem Bischof als Landesherr und dem Schloss als Residenz.

image

Die preußische Herrschaft wurde von Napoleon nochmal kurz unterbrochen, aber ab 1813 hatte Berlin hier wieder das Sagen. Die Preußen nutzten das Schloss als Kaserne, vorwiegend für Reiterregimenter. Nach dem Ersten Weltkrieg setzte sich die Tradition nahtlos fort. 

image

Nach dem 2. Weltkrieg zog die Britische Rheinarmee ein. Und die bewies Sitzfleisch. Die damals noch eigenständige Gemeinde Schloß Neuhaus übernahm von der britischen Armee die Gesamtanlage.

image

Erst am 19. Juli 1964 gab das britische Oberkommando die Anlage zum symbolischen Preis von einer Mark an die – inzwischen in Schloß Neubaus umbenannte – Gemeinde zurück. Die richtete drei Jahre später (1967) hier eine Realschule ein. Mit 32 Schülern ging es los, heute lernen hier ca. 750 (!) Kinder und Jugendliche.

image

Andere Kommunen hätten alles darangesetzt, in so einem Prunkstück ein privates Gymnasium für den Geldadel-Nachwuchs unterzubringen wie auf Schloss Salem oder zumindest eine noble Privatklinik für schönheitsbewusse Promis.

image

Die Gebäude können leider nur im Zuge von Veranstaltungen besichtigt werden. Die Stadt Paderborn nutzt nur noch das fürstliche Speisezimmer für Empfänge, der Rest ist Schule. Das historische Museum zur Stadt- und Schlossgeschichte nicht im Schloss untergebracht, sondern im benachbarten Marstall.

image

Das Schlossgelände ist glücklicherweise für die Öffentlichkeit begehbar. Die Eingänge sind größtenteils mit reich verzierten Portalen versehen. Die Treppentürme stammen teilweise aus unterschiedlichen Zeiten und variieren stark im Aussehen.

image

Beim Rundgang um das Schloss lassen sich zahlreiche Details erkennen. An der Nordwestseite, unweit des Turms befindet sich eine kleine steinerne Figur auf dem Dachgiebel, die an das Schicksal eines Dachdecker erinnert.

image

An dem Südostturm sind die Jahreszahl der Fertigstellung und das Wappen der Herren von Fürstenberg erkennbar. Die massiven und eindrucksvollen Türme tragen heute gedeckte Hauben mit Laternen. Die Dacherker variieren von Flügel zu Flügel und lassen sich teilweise den Epochen zuordnen.

image

Die Schauseite des Schlosses befindet auf der Rückseite. Hinter dem Schloss, im Norden, eröffnet sich der Blick auf den weitläufigen, ehemaligen Barockgarten. Von ihm lassen sich zahlreiche schöne Blicke auf das Schloss werfen. Zusammen mit dem Rundweg um die Anlage lädt er zum Flanieren ein.

image

Nach der Eingemeindung 1975 führt die Gemeine zusammen mit der Stadt Paderborn die Pflege von Schloss und Park behutsam fort. Für Paderborn hatte das den Vorteil, dass die Stadt 1994 im Neuhäuser Schlosspark die NRW-Landesgartenschau ausrichten konnte.

image

Schloss Neuhaus wird zum Mittelpunkt der Landesgartenschau von Nordrhein-Westfalen. Der Schlosspark und der Auenpark entstehen bzw. werden restauriert. Mit der Landesgartenschau beginnen 1995 alljährliche Veranstaltungen im Rahmen des Schlosssommers.

image

Leider müssen wir auch hier feststellen, dass das auf dem Gelände nur noch die allernötigsten Instandhaltungen durchgeführt werden. Millionen wurden damals investiert. Vieles verfällt langsam oder ist gar nicht mehr in Betrieb. Sehr, sehr schade!

image

Parken und Besichtigung des Schlossparks sowie des ehemaligen Landesgartenschaugeländes sind frei!


Tags :
4 years ago

- English -

The imposing Benrath Palace is located in the south of Düsseldorf, twelve kilometers from the city's former gates and not far from the Rhine.

image

It´s one of the most beautiful garden castles of the 18th century and one of the most popular sights in Düsseldorf. The pink palace complex with its parks, gardens and facilities is one of the now rare magnificent buildings of the late Rococo.

image

Visitors can walk in the footsteps of the nobility on a guided tour of the palace, stroll in the artistically and picturesque gardens or visit the museums of garden art and natural history located there.

image

In 1755, at the behest of Elector Karl Theodor of Palatinate, a baroque palace in the Rococo and Classicist styles was built. Construction took 17 years, from 1756 to 1773.

image

The architect of the Maison de Plaisance with its spacious gardens was Nicolas de Pigage, the “Director of the Gardens and Water Arts” at the Mannheimer Hof. De Pigage created Benrath Palace from Jan Wellem's former moated castle as a "Maison de plaisance" based on the French model.

image

The effort to create an overall composition of architecture, garden art and sculpture is characteristic of the era of the late baroque at the transition to classicism. From the outside it appears to be one storey, but the castle has 80 rooms on four floors. The park grounds, which reflect the architecture of the castle, were later completed.

image

Big robes, nobles, mistresses, pleasure and festivities, that's what Schloss Benrath was created for. However, the elector visited his estate only once - in an afternoon.

image

After the Wars of Liberation, the hunting and pleasure palace passed into Prussian hands in 1815. Among others, used by Friedrich Wilhelm Ludwig of Prussia, Princess Luise, Karl Anton Fürst von Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen and by Kaiser Wilhelm I.

image

In 1911 the castle was bought by the municipality of Benrath and in 1929 it became the property of the city of Düsseldorf. Until 1958 the girls' school "Benrather Schloss-Lyzeum" was housed there.

image

In the late 50s, a tourist attraction emerged from the castle, also due to various state visits there. Since 2000, the Benrath Palace and Park Foundation has taken over the management and use of the facility. 

image

Films also used the  “Maison de plaisance” as an impressive backdrop for their stories. During the past decades, the castle has also served as a venue for the novels “Effie Briest” by Theodor Fontane and “The Black Swan” by Thomas Mann.

image

The most popular park in North Rhine-Westphalia was the Benrather Schlosspark in 2013 by the WDR (West German Broadcasting). And admittedly, North Rhine-Westphalia has some beautiful parks to offer. But the green, floral estate with a total area of ​​around 61 hectares impresses its visitors again and again.

image

Nowadays a large part of the castle park is under monument and nature protection. The magnificent gardens, ponds and meadows now house almost 80 species of birds and 300 different kind of beetles.

image

On a approximately two-hour exploration tour through the park grounds, you will discover orchard meadows, walk through the hunting garden, explore the fruits of the vegetable gardens and be fascinated by the mirror pond, which is an impressive 470 meters long.

image

Rare North American copse characterize the so-called Elector's garden, which was created by outstanding garden artists such as Maximilian Friedrich Weyhe and Peter Joseph Lenné in the 19th century.

image

The park is freely accessible and admission is free.

image

There are also evening concerts in the idyllic castle park in summer - a particularly popular event is the classic open-air "Festival of Lights". A summer concert in the park at which all visitors have a picnic.

image

In any case, this is a special experience. People drag tables, chairs, candlesticks, lanterns, blankets, pillows etc. into the park and listen to classical music followed by fireworks and water-light plays.

image

The castle itself can be visited on guided tours with different thematic priorities. Numerous historical furniture, porcelain and paintings are waiting to be admired!

image

The Museum of European Garden Art is thematically unique and offers a good overview of 2500 years of garden art in Europe on around 2,000 square meters.

image

The Museum für Naturkunde shows the natural history of the Lower Rhine Bay and the Lower Bergisches Land. Here visitors can find out about changes in the course of the Rhine, fishing, fauna and flora.


Tags :